How to Kill Canine Parvo Virus (CPV)
Summer brings with it heat and parvo outbreaks. Controlling the spread of the problem requires effective products and an effective protocol. Bleach won’t work, despite whatever you read on the internet. The reason it won’t work is that you can’t use it in a manner that is concentrated enough to get the job done without it becoming a danger to pets and workers.
ProVetLogic’s Animal Facility Concentrated Disinfectant Kills Parvo
For a free protocol poster that you can display for the workers in your facility contact us. To get a full understanding of how to stop parvo, you should enroll in our certified for continuing Education course, “HotZones.”
- A synopsis of the steps in the protocol is:
- Remove all animals, bedding, food, water and toys.
- Rinse the surface debris away, but do NOT pressure wash, as this may actually spread the infection.
- Spray (Mist) or foam the surfaces and allow the product to dwell for the specified kill time, usually at least 10 minutes.
- Agitate remaining debris as it becomes loose.
- Rinse with clean water thoroughly and allow the area to dry thoroughly before replacing animals.
- Return animals after all visible product is removed.
WARNING: Do not try this procedure using bleach. Bleach can be absorbed through the paws and will be lethal to cats.
Homeowners should use the PRE-DILUTED ProVetLogic product “Spray and Wipe.” This is the same effective formula as the concentrated Animal Facility, but in a ready to use spray bottle. It is also handy for examination room cleanings.
Veterinarians and animal care facilities should purchase One-Gallon containers of Animal Facility.
For a complete cleaning system with dilution control, see the special below.
Homeowners, small clinics or shelters
For homeowners, small clinics or shelters we recommend both the ready to use product and the concentrated product.
ProVetLogic Efficacy Data for Animal Facility Disinfectant Product
- Bordetella Bronchiseptica (Kennel Cough)
- Canine Parvovirus (CPV) (4 oz. per gallon)
- Canine Adenovirus
- Canine Coronavirus
- Canine Distemper
- Canine Parainfluenza Virus
- Canine Hepatitis
- nfectious Bronchitis Virus
- Rabies Virus
- Avian Influenza A H9N2 / Turkey / Wisiconsin Virus Infectious
- Avian Laryngotracheitis
- Avian Influenza A H5N1 Virus
- Avian Reovirus
- Equine Arteritis Virus
- Influenza A2/Japan virus
- Minute Virus of Mice (4 oz. per gallon)
- Newcastle disease virus
- Porcine Parvovirus (4 oz. per gallon)
- Porcine Rotavirus
- Pseudorabies virus
- Porcine Respiratory (PRRSV)
- Infectious Bovine Rhinotracheitis
- Transmissible Gastroenteritis (TGE)
- Feline Calicivirus
- Feline Calicivirus (surrogate for Norwalk/Norovirus)
- Feline Infectious Peritonitis
- Feline leukemia virus
- Feline Panleukopenia
- Feline Picornavirus
- Feline Rhinotrachetis
- Aspergillus niger
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes
- Staphylococcus MRSA
- Escherichia coli
- Herpes Simplex Type 1 & 2
- HIV-1 (AIDS Virus)
- Human Corona Virus
- Influenza A/Hong Kong
- Hepatitis B & C
- Vaccinia Virus
- Murine Parainfluenza Virus Type 1
Animal Care Spray & Wipe Disinfectant Cleaner Efficacy Data
Ready-To-Use Disinfectant, Cleaner & Deodorizer
Bleach Doesn’t Work
Need to see why this is so much better than bleach? Read our report.
Looking for a way to keep the economics of dilution and reduce the labor costs at the same time? Look to the right.
Animal Facility Disinfectant – 1 Gallon$53.10
Animal Facility Disinfectant – (2) 1/2 Gallons$55.50
Animal Facility Disinfectant – (4) 1 gallon Bottles$190.45
Animal Facility Disinfectant – 1/2 Gallon$27.50
Animal Facility Disinfectant -2.5 Gallon$129.90
Animal Facility Disinfectant – 6 Pack$71.00
Animal Facility Disinfectant 2.5 Gallon Bottles$233.62
Animal Facility Disinfectant 30 gallon Drum$1,325.00
Animal Facility Disinfectant Refillable Wiping Canister$90.00
Animal Facility Disinfectant Refillable Wiping Starter Kit$99.00
Animal Facility Disinfectant Wiping System$19.50
Animal Facility Disinfectant, Cleaner & Deodorizer$111.50
Animal Facility Disinfectant, Cleaner & Deodorizer$31.25
Animal Facility Disinfectant, Cleaner & Deodorizer 55 gallon Drum$2,508.79
Animal Facility Multi-Species Disinfectant$13.50
Hot Zone Sanitation System$28.00
ProVetLogic Animal Care Spray & Wipe Disinfectant$14.50
ProVetLogic Animal Care Spray & Wipe Disinfectant – Case$106.50
Refillable Wiping Measuring Cups-10 Pack$17.95
Refillable Wiping System Canister Bracket$25.00
Refillable Wiping System Measuring Cup – 32 Ounces$1.75
Refillable Wiping System Replacement Rolls-6 Pack$89.30
Refillable Wiping System Replacement Towel Roll (Single)$15.67
The Cattery Cleanup Kit 4-Pack$246.00